Victor WOOTEN - Soul Circus (Bob Davis's review)

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Victor WOOTEN - Soul Circus (Bob Davis's review)

Messagepar Funkygirl » 21/03/05 14:57

Victor Wooten - "Soul Circus"
(BrothaFromAnothaPlanetFunk/Soul/Jazz/Rap/Rock)

Note: This CD will be released in April

Did someone say MONSTER FUNK???
I can no longer write objectively about the music of Victor Wooten. For me he is truly one of the few "universal fusion artists" on the current scene. Soul Circus is his first new studio album in several years and he has a hard act to follow. Victor Wooten's last CD was the LIVE FUNK MASTERPIECE called LIVE IN AMERICA, which has catapulted him into "cult super stardom", selling out 1,000 seat venues all around the country and BLOWING UP INTERNET RADIO here on Soul-Patrol with numbers that are literally off the register. His live show is simply awesome, in my opinion it's the closest I will ever get to seeing the Band of Gypsy's perform live.

Here on "Soul Circus" just as on "Live In America" we are treated to the voice of Bootsy Collins to start off the album on the song on the song "Victa". Next is a song called "Bass Tribute” where Victor pays homage to all of the great bass players from James Jamerson to Paul McCartney, Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham, Jaco Pastourious, Stanley Clarke, etc. After changing up into some contemporary Jazz for a moment with the song Prayer", Victor then takes us back with some Graham Centarl Station style funk with the song "Natives". Next up is a cover version of the EWF classic "You Can't Hide Love", Victor is an expert at taking 70's slow jams and creating unforgettable instrumental versions of them. Then more STOOPID FUNK with the song "Stay".... Other songs incorporate hip hop, rock and just about every other genre you can think of all of which has Victor's STANK BASS PLAYING at the center.

I'll stop here for now. Suffice it to say that this CD is AWESOME. Let's just say that Victor Wooten continues to be an anomoly in todays music scene. The ONLY artist in my mind who is comparable to Victor Wooten is Prince. He is a virtuoso on Bass who isn't afraid to challenge the likes of Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, Bootsy Collins, etc. He isn't afraid to incorporate some elements of rock, jazz, electronica, and hip hop together with funk to actually create something new that challenges the audience to elevate itself. As a music fan I am willing to accept his challenge and hop along for the ride. I am willing to do that without any worry about the destination, I just wanna take the journey with Victor. My guess is that if you dig Soul-Patrol that you will also want to take that journey as well...

Track Listing For Victor Wooten - "Soul Circus"

1. Intro/Adam
2. Victa
3. Bass Tribute
4. Prayer
5. Natives
6. Can't hide Love
7. Stay
8. On and On
9. Cell Phone
10. Back To India
11. Soul Circus
12. Higher Law
13. Take U There
14. Ari's Eyes
15. Outro/Kids
16. Bass Tribute (reprise)

As I said at the top, this CD will be released in April, so it's coming soon, but I just wanted to give yall a little bit of early juice (from "earthjuice") on Soul Circus. Obviously we will be doing quite a bit here on Soul-Patrol over the next several months to increase your overall awareness about the genius of Victor Wooten and specificly the CD "Soul Circus".
(in other words there is a good chance that you are going to see and hear him all over the site....lol)

But this should hold you for now...

Bob Davis

Beautiful Pictures :arrow: http://www.iwelk.com/publicity/Wooten-pub.html

Official Website :arrow: http://www.victorwooten.com
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Gi Dussault
K7

Messagepar Gi Dussault » 22/03/05 17:59

I can't wait, I'm supposed to see Victor Wooten live in concert April 13th, in New York city. He is so amazing. We have had the opportunity to have him on our radio show so many times and he is such an incredible nice person. I've seen him live in concert before but not for his solo gig, he was with Bela Fleck and The Flecktones. Also for this concert he work with a super great drummer JD Blair. We have had JD Blair also not long time ago on our show (also drummer for Shania Twain).

It should be a really great concert.

:grin:

Gi Dussault
K7

Messagepar Gi Dussault » 01/04/05 03:50

I received the New Victor Wooten's CD today. Listen to it and it's an incredible CD. Love the tribute he does about different bassists.

Very very good.

:wink:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/04/05 16:11

We have one last Soul-Patrol Event scheduled with Victor Wooten for this Soul Circus release tour.
It's in Los Angeles on May 7 and if you can't make it to LA, check out our latest internet radio broadcast on Victor Wooten, featuring the "Soul Circus" CD plus an interview with Victor....

Victor Wooten Triple Play on Soul-Patrol.Net Radio

Soul-Patrol's 100 min. Victor Wooten Triple Play

Now includes the following:
1. 45 min Soul Circus show featuring the following songs: Intro, Victa, Bass Tribute, Prayer, Can't Hide Love, Soul Circus & Higher Law (with a little help from Edgar Winter, D-Erania & Johnny Guitar Watson)

2. 5 min Interview w/Victor Wooten by the NYC Soul-Patrollers

3. 50 min. Live in America show (Soul-Patrol's Funk CD of 2001)

http://www.soul-patrol.net/wooten.ram

Just a word of warning....
Before listening to this 100 min. broadcast go to the laundry room and get a closepin for your nose....

(CUZ IT'S ABOUT TO GET STANK AZZ FUNKY UP IN HERE....)

--------------------
Bob Davis (Soul Patrol List)

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Mé-maide
45 Tours

Messagepar Mé-maide » 27/04/05 18:12

VICTO WOOTEN RADIO SHOW ! ... THANX FG ça fait plaisir ... :cool:
P U

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/04/05 20:30

Yes it's great :wink:

Retourner vers « English Corner »