Rare albums from EBONEE WEBB & SHOCK

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
skyyflow
LP's

Rare albums from EBONEE WEBB & SHOCK

Messagepar skyyflow » 25/03/05 21:36

...........................................................................................................

EBONEE WEBB - ディスコお富さん ( Disco Otomisan )          
- 1978 / Seven Seas Records / GP644

Side One
1-Loco-Motion (3:42)
2-A Place In The Sun (4:52)
3-Stop The Music (4:05)
4-Uska Dara (3:59)
5-Rhythm Of The Rain (3:32)

Side Two
1-Disco Otomisan (3:23)
2-Mr. Chopper Bassman (4:19)
3-Sealed With A Kiss (4:22)
4-Fujiyama Mama (3:25)
5-Save The Last Dance For Me (4:13)

Musicians : Michael Winston(vocals,saxophone), Thomas Brown(g), Gregory Davis(keyboards), Donald Roby(drums), Glynn Flowers(bass), Patricia Henderson(vocals,keyboards), Charles Liggins(percussion)

Produced by : Motohiko Takawa

Recorded at : Sound City Studio, Tokyo/Japan
...........................................................................................................

DISCO OTOMISAN - 7-inch(Japan)

EBONEE WEBB - ディスコ花笠音頭 相馬盆唄 
- 1979 - Seven Seas Records / GP728

Side One
1-Summer Soul Vibration (相馬盆唄)(4:40)
2-So Run (ソーラン節)(4:19)
3-Cowboy's Elegy (南部牛追唄)(4:47)
4-Yunta(安里屋ユンタ)(5:17)

Side Two
1-Yashow Macashow (花笠音頭)(4:13)
2-Smoky Moon(炭坑節) (5:26)
3-Island Bump (佐渡おけさ)(4:24)
4-Foolish Dance (阿波踊り)(5:37)

Musicians : Michael Winston(vocals,saxophone), Thomas Brown(guitar), Gregory Davis(keyboards), Donald Roby(drums), Glynn Flowers(bass), Patricia Henderson(vocals,keyboards), Charles Liggins(percussion), Jake H Concepcion(saxophone)

Produced by : Motohiko Takawa

Recorded at : King Records Studio and Big Box Studio 901, Tokyo/Japan
..........................................................................................................

SHOCK - Electrophonic Funk
- 1980 - Nebula Circle / DK-1061

Side One :
1 Shock (7:05)
2 Dance And Have Some Fun (4:55)
3 Can't Have All Of You (3:14)
4 Nite Life (5:22)

Side Two :
1-Let Your Body Do The Talkin' (7:46)
2-It's Over (3:15)
3-Been Waitin' So Long (3:03)
4-The Dog (4:30)

Musiciens : Steve Snyderl(saxophone), Roger Sause(keyboards,vocals), Malcolm Noble(vocals), Billy Bradford(drums,vocals), Terrence Wooten(guitar), Joe Plass(bass),Lloyd Good(trumpet), Steve Liddle(trombone), Brad Maricich(trumpet), John Chavez(trumpet), Steve Sause(keyboards), Jay Lundell(saxophone), Thomas Cheek(saxophone), Pamela Williams(vocals), Preacher(vocals), Catone(percussion), Vicki Blalock(percussion), Vicki Schmidt(percussion), David Bradford(percussion), Craig Wooten(percussion)

Produced by : Steve and Roger Sause

Recorded at : Desitrek Studios   

This 12-inch above ( title : Talkin' About Love ) is not hard to find , but the complete album is .
The credits from that album :

LP SHOCK UNRELEASED ALBUM 1989 ON LUCKY DICE PROMO
( NO PICTURE SLEEVE )
TRACKS : - TALK ABOUT LOVE / GIVE IT ME BABY / I LIKE THE GIRLS / INTIMATE STRANGERS / GAME OF LOVE / HOWS YOUR LOVE LIFE / BODYGUARD / RHYTHM OF LOVE / GET OFF.

I'll keep on searching these " pochettes " :cool:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 26/03/05 11:14

I have the EBONEE WEBB LP (Disco Ottomisan) very rare even in Japan... it's not as funky as the Ebonee Webb's we know about... but it's good nonetheless. The gatefold cover is absolutely wonderful though...

I do have the SHOCK 12" with the black and white face on the cover... good but not really a MUST... I will have to check but I may have the LP of that 12" in a generic sleeve... at least I know I have two more 12" out of this LP...

As for the first version of the SHOCK LP on Nebula Records it is as rare as hen's teeth. It's been on my want list for over 10 years now and I have yet to spot a copy...
Not even on Ebay...
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

skyyflow
LP's

Messagepar skyyflow » 26/03/05 16:41

Thanx Wonder B , wow .... did you find that Ebonee Webb on E-Bay ?
Despite the song-quality you wrote about , is it nevertheless in the style , like from the later-producer Allen A. Jones ? And does it contain much uptempo tracks ? The record-sleeve looks great indeed . Did the other album from 1979 ever appear at E-Bay ?

A friend of mine has the Shock-Nebula album , and told me that it was only promoted for a local radio-station .

crank-it-UP ! :cool:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 26/03/05 17:57

Well the Ebonnee Webb I have is more on the disco side with lotsa uptempo tracks. I have not yet seen the other Japanese album...

I bought my copy in Osaka! I have never seen those Ebonee Webb on Ebay

The first (and only time ) I saw the first SHOCK LP was in Osaka where there's a bar owner who is crazy about funk and who has it. The songs are the same as on the Fantasy release but the sequence is different and the mixes are rougher too...
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

skyyflow
LP's

Messagepar skyyflow » 26/03/05 18:42

Osaka ROCKS then :cool:

I guess Shock re-titled some songs too on the first Fantasy album ...

Merci & happy Easter

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 26/03/05 18:50

It's possible... I have not written down the title of the tracks... but then again I don't want to dream too much about this LOOOOOOOL
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

skyyflow
LP's

Messagepar skyyflow » 26/03/05 22:32

Maybe the toothless Easterhen will find it for us ...

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 27/03/05 03:40

hope so.... :lol: :lol:
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/03/05 09:39

LOL :razz: Like this animed picture :lol:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

charly

Messagepar charly » 18/04/05 09:02

This forum is really a good one! We learn things all days....I didn't know about the Ebonee Web's old stuffs made in Japan....I'll look for them!

About the Shock's first Lp, I'm looking for it for years too! And The Lp of 1989 was for sale this week end at Utrecht's International fair "Jaarbeurs". It is not that Electrophonic Funk as the other on Fantasy but very rare as it has never been officially edited. I didn't buy it as the day was already at the end and my wallet was a bit empty!!!! The price for it was 100,-€ (Boogie Times sold it!!!)

This one appeared once on ebay but went out with more than 150,-€!!!

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 18/04/05 12:30

charly a écrit :This one appeared once on ebay but went out with more than 150,-€!!!

Yes but the music is crappy and I wouldn't put that much into it anyway... I have most of the 12" singles that were pulled out of this album....
Nothing comparable to the awesome first LP...
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

charly

Messagepar charly » 18/04/05 14:28

Thanks Wonder! I'll never spend a fortune for it in any case! I'll just keep having a look from time to time...

charly

Messagepar charly » 19/04/05 11:44

Have you already visited this site?

http://www.geocities.jp/kenitsy55/

There you can find what Skyyflow told about Shock and Ebonee Webb. It is a pitty that it's only in japanese. I already exchanged a few months ago some e-mails with Enoki Kenitsy...At 36 years old, this guy must have a huge and great collection!!! And he is must be a addicted fan of P-Funk too....

Strangely he had, so far, not a lot of GoGo and he's looking for some good stuffs. And apparently, he would be ready to make some interesting swaps....

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 19/04/05 13:09

If he needs GoGo swaps then I think I can help him out... That would be a good way to find some of the stuff I've been looking for for ages...
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

charly

Messagepar charly » 19/04/05 15:24

You will surely find his e-mail on his site but just in case here it is:

kenitsy55@ybb.ne.jp

good luck...Sayonara Tagashi Ippon Soenague.....Adjime!!

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 19/04/05 18:07

Haï Domo arigato gozaimasu

charly

Messagepar charly » 20/04/05 16:17

Je dirais même plus: 西海岸のバンドで白人も在籍しているようだが

Non mais....

charly

Messagepar charly » 20/04/05 22:04

Oops, der Charly, dumme Kopf! Ach, ich hatte es vergessen, dass ich hier aber auf französich nicht sprechen konnte

Os mismos hais todos mis faltas de lenguage cambiado.

Fât Djab, ti....qué biesse el Charly!!!

In one wor as in hundred, you saw what I meant...

ptit-philou
K7

Messagepar ptit-philou » 21/04/05 23:18

charly a écrit :Oops, der Charly, dumme Kopf! Ach, ich hatte es vergessen, dass ich hier aber auf französich nicht sprechen konnte

Os mismos hais todos mis faltas de lenguage cambiado.

Fât Djab, ti....qué biesse el Charly!!!

In one wor as in hundred, you saw what I meant...

Bah alors charly tu veut pas parler français ?? :oops: :wink:
Philippe

charly

Messagepar charly » 22/04/05 11:06

Not in this section my friend, would you? This one is reserved for the bristish joking, funking speaking people, isn't it

My goodness, where are you living? And as Jean-Luc Lahaye told Barry White:" Where do you live from come?"

ptit-philou
K7

Messagepar ptit-philou » 23/04/05 00:05

charly a écrit :Not in this section my friend, would you? This one is reserved for the bristish joking, funking speaking people, isn't it

My goodness, where are you living? And as Jean-Luc Lahaye told Barry White:" Where do you live from come?"

Ok, so the private joke will be only in english Tango Charly... there's no problem for me. I hadn't seen that it was only english here :wink:
Philippe

charly

Messagepar charly » 02/03/06 16:38

I just won the SHOCK: ELECTROPHONIC FUNK lp on Nebula! And at the contrary of the latest e-bay auction for it, I got for "only" 80,-$. A good deal, isn't it!!!!

I'll confirm my happiness when I get it in my letters box!!!!

skyyflow
LP's

Messagepar skyyflow » 03/03/06 18:27

Seal around it as well .....
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

A second big misser i make this last weeks :sad:

CONGRATZ CHARLY :sm28:

Charlie's Angels
Picture's Disc

Messagepar Charlie's Angels » 04/03/06 15:50

Yes my Boy! It's this one!!!! I hope I won't have the same problem as Wonder B!!! But As the seller's feed back rate shows, it should be OK!!! I hope so!!!

I paid yesterday...I should get it in 2 or 3 weeks....I'll show you
Keep on keepin' on the FUNK

charly

Messagepar charly » 09/03/06 14:46

I got it! Yeah!! And in very Mint Condition!!!!

Yalalalaiiitoouuuu!!!!

charly

Messagepar charly » 10/03/06 13:15

Here are some explanations about this special Lp as some told it was the same as the 1981 Lp on Fantasy. Actually, you'll find indeed 2 titles you have on the Fantasy Lp: Shock and Let your body do the talking. That's it for the same titles. Moreover, the versions are rather different. In fact they're much longer: Intro(the same as "Electrophonic Phunk" on the "Wave" Lp)+Shock is more than 07.00 min long and the same for Let your body do the talking. Both titles are of course the best of the LP. The titles:

A side: 1) Intro/Shock 2) Dance and have some fun 3) Can't have all of you 4) Nite Life

B Side: 1) Let your Body do the Talking 2) It's Over 3) Been waiting so long 4) the Dog

Produced by Steve and Roger Sause. Roger's brother Steve produces and makes part of the additionnal musicians. He will be plenty part of band from 1981 on with also introducing Marlon Mc Clain in the production and Guitar's section.

Most of lyrics and music are composed by Roger Sause. About Roger, if you read his book "left for dead" (an Essay about the Us Management viewed by Roger Sause), you'll see how he came to music and how he became a radical Politic)

In one or hundred words, if you see this Lp, take it right away!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 10/03/06 18:06

I am disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

charly

Messagepar charly » 13/03/06 11:53

I can imagine you must hate me now!!!! I was in the right place at the right time....Place this record in your favourite searches, you'll get an ebay notification as I did!!!

The seller is from Portland. I asked him, if he had or found back this Lp, I knew some friends of mine who would be very interested in the same transaction!!! Wait and see...

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 13/03/06 12:41

Yes but when you put Shock or Nebula in the search engine you come up with tons of stuff...
Plus what I am the more digusted about is that I spent a good sum of money and the motherfu... never sent the goddamm LP... talk about pissed off....
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Charlie's Angels
Picture's Disc

Messagepar Charlie's Angels » 13/03/06 15:41

yes I am aware of your bad experience with a MotherF....r seller....I would be as furious as you are...

What I did, I put the complete title: shock: Electrophonic Funk. And I only receive 2 or 3 false items but when you get the right one....it's your day. But I won't compare my rare stuffs with yours....I can't hold the candle to you....

Both times it appeared at ebay, both sellers were from Portland (Oregon). I think the rare still existing items could be there...Won't you fly to Oregon one of these days???
Keep on keepin' on the FUNK

Retourner vers « English Corner »