RIOSOUL New CD - THE CURE - Live Funk & Soul...

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Rio Soul
Artiste Funkhomer

RIOSOUL New CD - THE CURE - Live Funk & Soul...

Messagepar Rio Soul » 06/10/04 19:52

RIOSOUL is serving up a super dose of Live FUNK & SOUL on their brand New CD - THE CURE...Now Available

http://www.riosoul Log on to Hear Song Samples and see Tour Photos and Info

RIOSOUL just returned from their EAST COAST TOUR - where they spread their Funk across the lands of New Jersey, Philly, Pittsburgh and Connecticut...

Look for RIOSOUL to come to a TOWN near YOU soon...

LIVE FUNK & SOUL at it's Best....RIOSOUL....THE CURE[url][/url]

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 06/10/04 20:10

RioSoul msuic is excellent...
I was lucky enough to hang out a whole day with Rio and Andre Hines a year ago and even luckier to witness a rehearsal of the whole band that same evening and I was stunned.
This is some classy music indeed!
By the way try this link http://www.riosoul.com/ to get to the website instead of the link provided in the initial post as the .com was forgotten and the page will not open otherwise...

I haven't heard the second album yet, but if the first is anything to compare it by, then it's got to be great!!!!!
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

foxybronx
Stand Convention

Messagepar foxybronx » 06/10/04 20:25

Hmmm, yes... It's O.K. with me... That's my kind of music...

ImageImageImageImageImage

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 06/10/04 21:22

Hi Rio,

Great pleasure to see you here too Image
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 06/10/04 21:50

Some more informations :

1st album Image

El Debarge was a guest on this one :wink:

You can listen 6 tracks here

The New Album Image

You can listen 7 tracks here

Rio Soul since the 1st album is always mentionned as one of the best new act by the famous Soul Patrol List (come and read the reviews on the RioSoul website :razz: )

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Gi Dussault
K7

Messagepar Gi Dussault » 16/10/04 14:22

RioSoul that is a great band.

They were nice enough to visit us at The Upper Room Radio and TV show when they came in Connecticut.

They were very available for us and we really appreciated it.

They performed on our TV show and were outstanding.

The next day they were in our studio to do an interview on our radio show. It was a lot of fun.

Our Radio and TV shows were at the end of their East Coast Tour.

The TV show with RioSoul, should be ready soon. We'll let you know about this in time.

All this to say, how we love this band. their kindness and their funky style.

Again, thanks a lot RioSoul.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 16/10/04 15:28

Yes thanks Gi for those informations (I didn't know if I was able to talk about the futur Tv Show :razz: )...
I just received their last Cd... I'll talk about it as soon as possible... :wink:

and RIOSOUL has been NOMINATED for BEST NEW SOUL R&B BAND
For the 2004 - LA BLACK MUSIC AWARDS!! (Information from Bob Davis of Soul patrol) :lol:

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 16/10/04 15:33

That's ok Funkygirl. It's not a problem to talk about the TV show. Thanks :wink:

Also Congrat to RioSoul for their award. The really deserved it. Bravo! :smile:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 26/10/04 15:06

So I received the new Cd... I love it... :lol: It's not Fat or heavy Funk but It grooves subtly and it's good !!!

Bob David just sent to the soul patrol list a review... I post it here as i'm agree with his comment and that he's able to explain things better than me in English :wink:

"Please allow me to take a few moments of your time and bandwidth ro re-introduce you and bring you up to date on our friends from Los Angeles, RIOSOUL.

They have been IN THE GROOVE and ON THE MOVE, with a new CD (THE CURE) and they have been touring all across the country as well as their LA home base. In fact they will be headlining at BB King's in LA this weekend for a big Halloween show. And next month they will be the
opening act for the legendary Funk band, Cameo.

Here is some of the basic information on RIOSOUL (just in case you may have forgotten).
Want more??
Check out their updated website @ http://www.riosoul.com and drop them a line when you get there to let them know that you have been their way...
----------------------------------

RioSoul is a Soul/Funk Band from Los Angeles - formed in 1999 by Singer/Songwriter - RIO and Producer - ANDRA HINES.

Each of the members of RioSoul are highly gifted Musicians and talented Writer/ Producers who have worked with a variety of well know Artists over the years including: Toni Braxton, En Vogue, Hammer, Aaron Hall, New Birth, New Edition, Ralph Tresvant, Bobby Womack, El Debarge, Jesse Johnson, Dr. Dre., Snoop Dog, Warren G., SWV, Cameo, and many more...

--------------------------------------

RioSoul was an idea born of dissatisfaction with the current Music Scene where Artist are packaged to look and sound alike... And where Music played by Real Musicians has been replaced with Manufactured beats, loops, and samples. RioSoul symbolizes a RETURN to REAL MUSIC, and to
a time when SOUL & FUNK music came from BANDS that play instruments, and put on incredible LIVE SHOWS.
These BANDS were Creative Forces Responsible for some of the Greatest Music of all time!!! To see RIOSOUL LIVE is to experience what has been Missing in Music for a Long time!

RioSoul's Music has been described as Sophisticated Funk! It';s reminiscent of some of the Soul
& Funk of the 70's and 80's -while still sounding Fresh and Original. RioSoul's Music has been inspired by many of the Groups of the 70's and 80's including: Sly & The Family Stone, Parliament Funkadelic, Led Zeppelin, Slave, Toto, New Birth, Cameo, Rufus, Larry Graham/Graham
Central Station, Isaac Hayes, Average White Band, Stevie Wonder, and Prince

RioSoul's debut album "Rhythms of the Soul" was an introduction of what was to come, and earned RioSoul fans across the Globe! RioSoul's sophomore Album - The Cure - is a bold
statement that is sure to win over the strongest Critics...

The Cure is the type of Album you can play from front to back and just groove (no fillers on this one) but plenty to Fill You Up!!!

**RIOSOUL: THE CURE - New CD Release from the LA Based Soul/Funk band. Think of a combination of Sade, Brand New Heavies, with a splash of New Birth
http://www.davisind.com/redirect/?d=riosoul
RIOSOUL: RHYTHMS OF THE SOUL

New on Soul-Patrol.Net Radio RIOSOUL - THE CURE
http://www.soul-patrol.net/cure.ram
RioSoul: The Cure - Miss You, Dance, The Cure, Eternal Groove, Feel It, Cool Baby

Bob Davis
"

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 18/02/05 12:26

Now at times like this I wish that I lived in Los Angeles.
This sounds like it was a truly SLAMMIN show.

Thanks FunkyMoon for the report....
----------------------------------------------
Hey Bob,

Just wanted to let you know I had a incredible time at the Soul-Patrol West Coast event Saturday night. I met Sally at the door of B.B. King's in LA. Once inside, she introduced me to your cousin Vernon, who reminds me of Paul Mooney. Vernon and Sally got a table reserved for Soul-Patrol right next to the stage. Sally then introduced me to Soul-Patrollers RioSoul
before they took the stage. When they took the stage, they started their set with D.M.S.R. by Prince. This was the first time hearing RioSoul, even though I was aware of them for a long time because of Soul-Patrol. The band was great and Rio - well what can I say! Something told me this was a start of a great night of live music. Later in their set, they brought up
Soul-Patroller Leslie Wilson of New Birth! His voice sound the same as when he sung "I Can Understand It" years ago - simply amazing! RioSoul later played a cover of "The Stick" by The Time that had everyone on their feet dancing. I even danced with Sally! Their set ended too
soon for me, but there was another band waiting to play. During the break in between acts, Stevie Martin, bassist for RioSoul sat down at our table and said that we'd like the next band Slapbak which was real funky. Boy was he right!!! Slapbak sounds like a combimation of Parliament / Funkadelic, Sly & The Family Stone, Cameo, Prince and Outkast. During their set, they brought Digital Underground to the stage. Shock G took the mic and urged Xhibit who was in the house to join them on stage. They had the joint jumping with "One Nation Under A Groove/ The Humpty Dance". Shock G then told the crowd about how they worked on Slapbak's unreleased CD "II Black IV Black Radio" (I know what you're thinking Bob! lol). Slapbak's founder Jara Harris introduced their manager, who in turn introduced another one of his groups, The Gibson
Brothers. The brothers are talented soulful vocalists with a promising future. At the end of their first song they brought on Ray Parker Jr. and one of the Calloway brothers (sorry, I forget which one) from Midnight Star and Calloway. They played with The Gibson Brothers for one song. Then the Calloway brother stepped to the mic and started playing the flute. Ray Parker Jr. joined in on guitar to start an impromtu jam session. It was GREAT! Slapbak returned to the stage to close the show. It was a great night! To see so many r&b and soul legends on the same stage one the same night was just incredible! I want to thank Sally, Vernon and Soul-Patrol for a night I won't soon forget. As we we're leaving, Verdine White of Earth, Wind & Fire came in and walked right past us and went to talk to Ray Parker Jr. RioSoul will be back at B,B. King's on February 26th. They will be there again on March 3rd and 4th with the legendary BarKays! You can count on me being there. Hopefully more Soul-Patrollers
will be there!

Peace
Josi

PS- I bought RioSoul's "Rhythms Of The Soul" and "The Cure" and Slapbak's "II Black IV Black Radio" for $10 each. I've been jammin' since! (So it's released ??? :cool: )

:arrow: To listen to Rio Soul "The Cure"
http://www.soul-patrol.net/cure.ram

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 18/02/05 18:31

Oh punaise... Slapbak a déchiré!!!!!!!
In English......
Oh bugger... Slapbak tore the roof off the sucker! LOOOOOL

Damn.... Riosoul, Slapbak, Ray Parker, Shock G, the guy from New Birth, One of the Calloways, Verdine!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What more can you ask ??????????
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 18/02/05 18:37

Wonder B a écrit :What more can you ask ??????????

Here in Paris :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 18/02/05 18:50

Yesss Like I usually say in French... t'as juste le droit d"y croire!!!

You can just believe what you just said... (the meaning being, AIN'T NO WAY THIS CAN HAPPEN OVER HERE! LOL)
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Retourner vers « English Corner »