News from SOULPOWER (Website + Newsletter)

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Pari.

News from SOULPOWER (Website + Newsletter)

Messagepar Pari. » 16/11/04 13:21

Hi funksters,
we invite you to join the Soulpower experience .. Soulpower brings members of the global funk family to play in Europe, among them many bandmembers of the James Brown Band and Prince`s NPG .. check it out and see you at one of the shows.

www.soulpower.info

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 16/11/04 13:49

Hi Pari and Welcome on board... :lol:

I'll visit your website tonight :wink:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 16/11/04 21:00

So Girls and Boys Did you come and visit the place :?:

Beautiful :razz: Excellent design :!:

And you seem to know a lot of good artists : Maceo Parker, Martha High, Marva Whitney, Pee Wee Ellis, Sweet Charles, Leroy Hutson and many more...

Yes Good job :razz:

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 21/11/04 14:12

In the news about the artists, you mention a new album of Leroy Hutson called "Moody Grooves" can you tell us when it will be out :?: :cool:

Thanks Pari :wink:
Modifié en dernier par Funkygirl le 21/11/04 20:02, modifié 1 fois.

Pari
LP's

Messagepar Pari » 21/11/04 19:57

That`s "Moody grooves" :wink: We don`t wanna throw mud at brother Leroy. Yes, I will keep you informed. I am certainly hoping that he will be able to bring the album when he comes to play our shows in April.
Right in the groove with www.soulpower.info

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 21/11/04 20:02

Pari a écrit :That`s "Moody grooves" :wink:

Oops Sorry :oops: I'll correct it in my post :cool:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 26/11/04 19:41

So I find something funny again on the internet :lol:

Posté le: Ven Nov 26, 2004 3:09 pm Sujet du message: Artistes et questions en interview ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour nous avons la possibilité d'avoir en interview un certain nombre d'artistes. Le manque de temps ne nous permet pas malheureusement de répondre à toutes les sollicitations.
Donc parmi les artistes suivant quel est celui ou ceux qui vous intéresseraient le plus ?
Quelles questions aimeriez vous leur poser ?

Voici la liste :
- Lyn Collins
- Martha High
- Kip Blackshire (Prince's NPG)
- Leroy Hutson
- US3
- Pee Wee Ellis

A vos claviers ! :wink:

For you Pari :wink: I'll make a brief translation... An other French forum read your post and certainly contact you to deal some interviews with the artists you try to book here in France... They don't have enought time to do all so they offered their readers the possibility to their readers to ask the question they would be interrested in...

So I'm happy to tell my readers here that we can have exactly the same deals... :grin:

So Funkateers all over the World if you want to ask some questions to the People mentionned and surely also to Corey Parker (I know Maceo it's harder but I have some contact by myself, as for Corey and Kip :wink: ) or Clyde Stubblefield, Marva Whitney, Sweet Charles Sherrell (Go and Visit www.soulpower.info for all the informations :lol: ), you can contact me and I'll make an interview for this forum too :razz:

Thanks internet interactivity :lol:

Peeeeeee
Stand Convention

Messagepar Peeeeeee » 26/11/04 19:47

Excuse me FG, but I don't see what is funny in your quoted message.

Anyway... I don't know if an interview if Corey Parker is really exciting. But why not?

Lyn Collins is surely more interesting.
Then Pee Wee Ellis of course.
And by the end, US3, only to know their point of view about the reason of their unsuccess since their second album... unfotunately.
Rien ne sert de courir, non, ca ne sert a rien!

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 26/11/04 19:54

Peeeeeee a écrit :Excuse me FG, but I don't see what is funny in your quoted message.

You don't see :?: Oh Come on :!: :lol:

I just launch a vote in the French Section

Peeeeeee
Stand Convention

Messagepar Peeeeeee » 26/11/04 20:01

:oops: ok, I didn't see LOOOOL
Rien ne sert de courir, non, ca ne sert a rien!

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 26/11/04 20:13

Peeeeeee a écrit :Anyway... I don't know if an interview if Corey Parker is really exciting. But why not?

He's preparing a new album I've heard... Perhaps you could be surprised :wink:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 26/11/04 20:24

For me it would be the fabulous Leroy Hutson whom I'd like to speak to LOL
Of course Lyn Collins & Martha High too....

But I think Leroy has got to be one fo the biggest unsung heroes of soul...
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/11/04 15:09

Some informations I read on the Funky Stuff's forum : http://www.funky-stuff.com/forum/

http://www.funky-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78

Pari a écrit :Martha Whitney and Lyn Collins have no recording contract at this point. However, we are planning to do an album with them as well in 2005. They will be on tour in February.
Martha does have a live CD for sale, recorded in Paris 2001. Anybody interested can email me.
;-)

http://www.funky-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88

Pari a écrit :Our shows with Marva in September here in Germany were a major success! She still sounds great and looks even better (pics on our website). We are planning to record her for an album sometime in 2005, and it will be totally oldschool. In February, Soulpower will release a live-CD including a couple of tracks by Marva.

http://www.funky-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=408

ben a écrit :clyde stublefield(the original jb funky drummer),will perform in germany:1,3 december(hannover).
please see:
www.funkmasters.cc

Pari a écrit :Correct, Soulpower presents Clyde this December and it will be his only shows in Europe this year.

More at www.soulpower.info

http://www.funky-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=428

ben a écrit :go to:
www.rexresources.com

you'll a very good interview with mister sweet!!

http://www.funky-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=448

ben a écrit :question to german soul brothers (soul power.info):
as you know,mister bobby byrd did a new material for his new cd("IT'S IN MY BLOOD")!
but ,as brother ron said, mister byrd doesn't find a company to produce
this cd!!
so, i ask you,if it is possible for you to do it!!!
and GOD bless you!!
funky thanks!!!

Pari a écrit :Hi Ben, thanks for considering it. In fact, we have talked to Mr Byrd already months ago, as well as to his wife. In 2005 we will launch Soulpower records and you can be sure that Bobby Byrd will be one of the people who will be working with us.

;-)

Pari

SO MUCH GOOD NEWS AND PROJECTS ImageImageImageImage

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 28/11/04 04:35

Good news for the French funk fans.... I have emailed Pari about the upcoming tour of the funk divas Lyn and Martha and there,s a concert promoter we are in touc with who seems to be interested in this dynamite package...
So let,s keep our fingers crossed...
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Pari
LP's

Messagepar Pari » 28/11/04 12:16

Dayum, this thread got busy over the weekend .. lol ..
If anybody wants to do interviews with our artists for mags oder webpages, feel free to contact me. All of them will be happy to answer your questions (including brother Lee :grin: ) However, I don't know how US3 made that list, we certainly don't deal with them right now.
It would be great if the interviews could be published before the tour of a certain artist to help promote it.

Wonder B, you'll get the Divas info today, I was too busy over the weekend. We promoted Maceo's show in Hannover and staged an aftershow jam session at Palo Palo with the Soulpower Allstars feat. Martha High, Corey Parker, Bruno Speight and Morris Hayes (ex-NPG). As you can imagine, they all were jammin all night long, and I am still high of the music .. pictures, reviews and sounds will soon be up on our homepage.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 28/11/04 12:34

Pari a écrit :Dayum, this thread got busy over the weekend .. lol ..
If anybody wants to do interviews with our artists for mags oder webpages, feel free to contact me. All of them will be happy to answer your questions (including brother Lee :grin: )

Yes when we talked about great artists we're always busy and inspirated :lol:

Pari a écrit :However, I don't know how US3 made that list, we certainly don't deal with them right now.

Certainly an other contact than you... It's not very important :cool:

Pari a écrit :It would be great if the interviews could be published before the tour of a certain artist to help promote it..

Ok I'll work for that :wink:

Pari a écrit :Wonder B, you'll get the Divas info today, I was too busy over the weekend. We promoted Maceo's show in Hannover and staged an aftershow jam session at Palo Palo with the Soulpower Allstars feat. Martha High, Corey Parker, Bruno Speight and Morris Hayes (ex-NPG). As you can imagine, they all were jammin all night long, and I am still high of the music .. pictures, reviews and sounds will soon be up on our homepage.

Good news too :razz:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 06/08/06 13:59

Pari here is the topic for SOULPOWER news... :cool:

Pari
LP's

Messagepar Pari » 06/08/06 17:09

Here we go:

Please check out the brandnew Soulpower website with many close-up and private pictures of soul legends like Gwen McCrae, Marva Whitney, Lyn Collins, Pee Wee Ellis, Sweet Charles, The Funky Drummers, Bobby Byrd, Vicki Anderson and many more ...

www.soulpower.info

Don't forget to suscribe to the newsletter to stay on top of the live shows. The upcoming tour: MARVA WHITNEY.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 08/02/07 17:42

" Soulpeople,
the Godfather of Soul will never be forgotten! Make sure to get your copy of the brandnew issue of WAXPOETICS (in store Monday, February 12th, or at www.waxpoetics.com). This issue honors the legacy of James Brown and features an exclusive in-depth interview by Soulpower's DJ Pari. According to Brown's manager Charles Bobbitt, it's one of the best interviews in Brown's career. You will be able to see the complete footage in the movie documentary "Soulpower" which will be released later this year. Don't miss this!

March will be a busy month. If you live in the UK, make sure to pay your respect to the Godfather of Soul at Soulpower's James Brown Tribute Shows featuring Marva Whitney, Sweet Charles Sherrell, UK-soul-legend Noel McKoy, Push and special guests. Perry Louis and DJ Pari will deliver the James Brown sound from the turntable:

March 29th London, Jazz Cafe
March 30th Cambridge, The Junction

One week earlier, Marva Whitney and DJ Pari will perform at the Baltic Soul Weekender (www.balticsoul.de) at Weissenhäuser Strand, Germany. On the same show, Soulpower's new artist Ann Sexton from New York City will play in Europe for the first time, backed up by the Soulpower Allstars.

March 23rd Marva Whitney / Ann Sexton at Baltic Soul Weekender
March 24th Marva Whitney at Effenaar, Eindhoven, Holland

If you can't wait that long, make sure to catch Soulpower's DJ Pari and Hannover's digger legend DJ Tiga at 3Raum, Hannover, on February 23rd. We hope to see you!

check out www.soulpower.info
"

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 08/02/07 19:28

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!!!!

Ann SEXTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't be serious! She's one of my favourite artists of that time... she hasn't been very prolific record-wise, but who can forget 'You're Losing Me'... I know ITJG will flip when he reads this!!!

Pari, for Heaven's sake, PLEEEEEEEEEEZE bring her to Paris, and if we could get the same double bill with Marva Whitney I think I'd go crazy...!!!
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

in the jungle groove
Stand Convention

Messagepar in the jungle groove » 08/02/07 23:15

:shock: :sm160: :new_Eyecrazy: :shock:
let's all rent a bus and drive there.
Marva Whitney and Ann Sexton, same venue, same day... :shock: :shock:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 08/02/07 23:18

I knew you'd react somehow LOL
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Pari
LP's

Messagepar Pari » 14/02/07 20:49

Wonder B a écrit :Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!!!!

Ann SEXTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't be serious! She's one of my favourite artists of that time... she hasn't been very prolific record-wise, but who can forget 'You're Losing Me'... I know ITJG will flip when he reads this!!!

Pari, for Heaven's sake, PLEEEEEEEEEEZE bring her to Paris, and if we could get the same double bill with Marva Whitney I think I'd go crazy...!!!

The show with Ann in Germany is a try-out .. if the chemistry is right, we'll definetely do some more dates later this year. I have no idea what Ann sounds like today, and I have yet to meet her (in March). But I'm pretty positive that there will be more shows, and that would include Paris as well. :smile:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 14/02/07 22:21

Great news Pari... let me kn ow if I can be of some assistance and we'll definitely do a story on her in the magazine when she comes over.
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Retourner vers « English Corner »