SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
JoeKelley
12'Play

SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS

Messagepar JoeKelley » 21/11/04 15:28

Event: Interview with GARY HINES of Sounds of Blackness
Place: "Upper Room with Joe Kelley" radio show
WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, Connecticut
Date/Time: Monday November 22nd, 2004
4pm-8pm (NYC time)
Internet Stream: http://www.wvof.org
http://www.upperoomwithjoekelley.com

Listen in as GARY HINES, founder of the Grammy award-winning Sounds of Blackness, visits the "Upper Room with Joe Kelley" for an in-depth interview and music special. This legendary Minneapolis band just released a stellar CD, "The Night Before Christmas II". The CD contains the smash single "Doin' The Funky Chitlin". Hines and the band have been some of the influential musicians in modern times.

With a 10-piece band, 15 singers, and a touring contingent of 15 members, Sounds of Blackness continues to present R&B, Jazz, Blues, Gospel, Spirituals, Rock& Roll, Ragtime, Reggae and Soul - in other words every 'sound of blackness', proudly and unapologetically. Sounds of Blackness have graced stages and studios with Prince, Usher, Ashanti, Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Santana, Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz, Aretha Franklin, Luther Vandross, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, LA & Babyface, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jim Carrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, Robert Duvall, Yolanda Adams, Lyle Lovett, Vince Gill to name a few.

For all the latest Sounds of Blackness info and CD ordering, please go to http://www.soundsofblackness.com and http://www.atomick.com.

The "Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault" radio show has been on the air since 1982. The program is featured on radio, internet and television. Besides its live Monday WVOF broadcast, the show can be heard 24/7 online at http://www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com. Earlier this year, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer PRINCE featured the "Upper Room" on his official web site http://www.npgmusicclub.com.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 21/11/04 18:57

Yes I see that news :lol:

I'll put it also on schkopi and I'll try to be there and listen tomorrow night :wink:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 22/11/04 23:13

It's Right now... It begins with "Standing on the Verge" Live :razz: Great :lol:

Edit : Hey but it's Jen Durkin from Bomb Squad :?:

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 22/11/04 23:55

Hhhaaaaaaaa thanks for the shout out (it's near 23 H hear now Joe :lol: )

Hey it seems that you can download a track from the new "Christmas" album of Sound of Blackness... "Do the FunkyChitlin" :lol: (Great song :razz: )

This album seems really good and various "Season of Love" with his Latin percussion, The FunkyChitlin' so funky and other tracks choosen tonight... It's not mellow as we could expected from this great band :cool:

Also I Love what Gary said about Prince helping the un-knowed musician too :wink:

Don't forget that this band "have graced stages and studios with Prince, Usher, Ashanti, Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Santana, Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz, Aretha Franklin, Luther Vandross, Jam & Lewis, LA & Babyface, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jim Carrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, Robert Duvall, Yolanda Adams,
Lyle Lovette and Vince Gill to name a few." :mrgreen:

Gi Dussault
K7

Messagepar Gi Dussault » 23/11/04 00:48

I was listening too and wow! I love Sounds of Blackness a lot.

We know Gary Hines since couple years now and he is always generous with us. Always available for an interview. And like you said Funkygirl he worked with a lot of known artists, but I'm always surprise to see how he is always excited to do an interview on our show which is an independent radio show. That is a very good motivation for us.

We love you Sounds of Blackness. :grin:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 23/11/04 00:50

Hey Joe did I heard Well ?

Just before you pass Prince "1+1+1=3" Live (enormous :lol: ) you said that Dodge will be the next guest "on the upper room" :?: :razz: :lol:

It's a festival tonight... Now you play OctavePussy :lol: :razz:

Gi Dussault
K7

Messagepar Gi Dussault » 23/11/04 01:05

Hey go to bed Funkygirl, it's late enough for you. hehehehe :lol:

Yes, next Monday DODGE. It will be funky!!!!

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 23/11/04 01:17

Yes It's very Late ! Wa are wainting for DODGE ...

Thanks
bye bye
What we all need is more BASS ! (Larry Graham)

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 23/11/04 11:30

Yes It's confirmed :razz:

"Upcoming shows:

Dodge Bassist of Seven Eleven, Interview on Monday November 28th, 2004 between 4pm (10pm for France :wink: ) - 8pm on WVOF - go on www.upperroomwithjoekeley.com then click on WVOF "

Oh but I just think that next week, it's the 1st Plunky & Oneness of Juju concert in France... (So I can't be at home to listen :arrow: Gi or Joe can we ask you to play it again on the radio stream on Live 365 :?: Image )

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 04/12/04 12:18

I've just received the New Christmas Album from Gary... Thanks you man :lol:

I'll listen to it carefully and will put some comments on it later but if you like powerful voices, this record is for you :razz: (Not boring at all :wink: )

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 09/12/04 00:46

Funkygirl a écrit :It's Right now... It begins with "Standing on the Verge" Live :razz: Great :lol:

Edit : Hey but it's Jen Durkin from Bomb Squad :?:

Jen Durkin is cool. Actually, that was her singing lead with Bernie Worrell and the WOO Warriors.

The Bomb Squad's guitarist Ian McHugh contacted me and is about to drop the follow-up funk bomb on us from this band. Should be playing it soon on-air.
"Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault"
Radio and TV show
www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST
WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, CT
www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music
www.creativityinmusic.com
Promotion for Musical Artists

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 09/12/04 00:47

Funkygirl a écrit :I've just received the New Christmas Album from Gary... Thanks you man :lol:

I'll listen to it carefully and will put some comments on it later but if you like powerful voices, this record is for you :razz: (Not boring at all :wink: )

THanks to support Gary Hines. He is one talented and nice man. Can't wait to do the all-Minneapolis Music Month in March.

Radio and TV show

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST

www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 15/01/05 10:08

Playlist :

**** Interview with GARY HINES of Sounds of Blackness ****
Sounds of Blackness- Do The Funky Chitlin'- (Sounds of Blackness/Atomic K)
Sounds of Blackness- Joy of Christmas- (Sounds of Blackness/Atomic K)
Sounds of Blackness- Season of Joy- (Sounds of Blackness/Atomic K)
Sounds of Blackness- Holiday Love 2- (Sounds of Blackness/Atomic K)
Sounds of Blackness- Children of God (feat. Cynthia "Funkytown" Johnson- (Sounds of Blackness)

It was Great :lol: (As always brotha' :wink: )

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 19/01/05 05:38

Merci, FunkyGirl for the nice words.

By the way, Sounds of Blackness will be re-releasing "Soul Symphony" in March and the band will also have a song featured on the upcoming Earth, Wind, and Fire tribute CD. Gary Hines will also be appearing again on the "Upper Room" in March for the Minneapolis Music Month.

Radio and TV show

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST

www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 26/10/11 18:10

New Album of Sounds of Blackness

MALACO SIGNS THE SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS
The Malaco Music Group is proud to announce the signing of the Grammy winning group, Sounds Of Blackness.

The debut single “Fly Again” from their self-titled CD, “The Sounds Of Blackness” will be Impacting Airplay August 1 & 2

Fly Again en HD : http://vimeo.com/30390266

“Fly Again” features the phenomenal vocals of Jamecia Bennett, daughter of Ann Nesby, mother of Paris Bennett, American Idol Season 5, Top 5 Contestant.

The release of the full length CD “The Sounds Of Blackness” consequently coincides with the 20th anniversary celebration of the of their classic CD “Optimistic” and 40th Anniversary of the group’s inception.

Gary Hines, Music Director / Producer Sounds of Blackness states, "Sounds of Blackness and I are extraordinarily overjoyed to have the honor of signing with Malaco! Sounds of Blackness and Malaco have a lot in common - bringing Black Music to all people, celebrating four decades of existence, and remaining true to our roots! Sounds of Blackness dedicates "FLY AGAIN" the 1st Single from our forthcoming new CD, to Malaco and to all of the people of the cities across America and around the world, who have recently suffered unfathomable devastation. Together we will all soon be able to "FLY AGAIN!"

Tommy Couch Jr, Vice President, Malaco, Inc, states, “We are so exited to work with a group of this magnitude. The Sounds Of Blackness are still about the music and the message while maintaining their unique creativity.”

Lionel Ridenour, Executive Director – Urban Division states, “Fly Again” is a great record. Radio stations across the country should just play it!”

“Much like Bebe & Cece Winans, The Sounds Of Blackness was extremely instrumental in crossing Gospel / Inspirational music over into the mainstream in the 90’s and It is great to see them return stronger than ever.” states, D.A. Johnson, Executive Director – Gospel Division.

Interview From Soul Music on October 11th 2011 : http://www.soulmusic.com/soofbl20soin.html

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 26/10/11 18:15

Great to see you Funkygirl. Hope all is well with you. I know you are still keeping it superfunky.

By the way, Gary Hines of Sounds Of Blackness will be on my show soon. We have talked about it. Will let you know.

Peace and Love
Joe

Radio and TV show

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST

www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 26/10/11 18:22

I'm ok very busy :oops:

Hope all is well for Gi and you too :cool:

Yes let us know later

Retourner vers « English Corner »