Clyde STUBBLEFIELD's German Appearance

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Pari
LP's

Clyde STUBBLEFIELD's German Appearance

Messagepar Pari » 09/12/04 13:40

I`ve gotten some mails from people coming from this site (at least that`s what I assume since most of them were french) asking about how our shows with the Funky Drummer went. First of all I have to say that Clyde is one of the coolest cats I have ever worked with. We hit it off from the very beginning. The day he got here, we went to my place and hung out until 3 a.m. That night, we wrote a song together called "The Roach". Clyde and the Soulpower Allstars performed that song on both shows and we recorded it at Peppermint Park, the studio of remix-legend Mousse T. Clyde has already decided that "The Roach" will be his next Funkmasters single and it will be on the next album as well. Great track, I`ll do the final mixing sometime next week.

About the shows: The setlist included "Tighten up", "I feel good", "Papa`s got a brandnew bag", "Georgia", "Cold Sweat", "I got the feeling", the Funkmasters songs "Party`s in the kitchen", "Find the groove", "Sock it to me" and our new cut "The Roach". We did NOT do "Funky Drummer", because to my suprise Clyde doesn`t like that song. "It`s overrated", he says, and "I dunno why so many people sampled it. It`s really a whole lot of nothing."

However, on our final party night last Saturday, I was DJing at a small but very hip Hannover club called "Bronco`s" and took Clyde with me .. everybody recognized him from the shows. I played "Funky Drummer", the full length version, and everybody was cheerin at the solo ... and Clyde had to admit that the song isnt so bad after all ...

His show at the Jazz Cllub was the best ... 8.30 pm until 12 am .. he didn`t even wanna leave the stage ..

We will bring Clyde back probably in May for a festival, then with Jab'O and Marva Whitney ... and we hope to bring the show to France as well that time.

Pics from the show are up on our homepage now at the "shows" and "gallery" sections. We also have some new James Brown material on there, so enjoy.

:grin:
Right in the groove with www.soulpower.info

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 09/12/04 16:30

Thank you for the review and all the good work...

So as you see, we hope the same things than you :lol:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Pari
LP's

Messagepar Pari » 09/12/04 17:54

I guess we`ll meet at the Lyn Collins/Martha High concert in Paris next February and discuss further things.
;-)
Right in the groove with www.soulpower.info

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 09/12/04 18:08

Be sure of that Pari... We'll meet there :wink:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Retourner vers « English Corner »