P-THEORY - The Sock is about to drop

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
P-Theory
Artiste Funkhomer

P-THEORY - The Sock is about to drop

Messagepar P-Theory » 25/03/07 13:36

Here is your update from http://PTheory.co.uk

Thank you all for your support and patience whilst we have been locked in the studio mixing our new gospel album "Chocolate Sock". We can say with total confidence that it will have been worth the wait.

Whilst the whole album was written and recorded in 2 days back in November we have spent a lot of time mixing and getting the business arrangements in place for the new release. As such, things are about to get very exciting for P-Theory!

The album will be released on 12th April to coincide with a mini UK tour to support the album launch. The UK dates are:

13th April - The Subrooms - Stroud
14th April - Telfords Warehouse - Chester
15th April - Jabez Clegg - Manchester
16th April - De Bees - Winsford
17th April - Soho Revue Bar - London

Full details and appropriate links are on the gigs section of our website. We will be announcing dates in New York, Plainfield, San Diego and Las Vegas during the first two weeks in July shortly ,followed by confirmation of 10 UK dates from 12th - 21st October. We are also negotiating 5 dates in northern Europe for September as well.

Chocolate Sock is by far the strongest work we have done to date and it's sonic clarity is amazing. The album is dedicated to Jesse Mae Goins (Kevin's mother) who always wanted her family to record a gospel album and truly expressive their faith in public, Marc McCoy who did the artwork for our last album "From The Hood To The Wood" and is suffering from MS and Keith Hewiit a life long friend of P-Theory's who took the photo's for our first album "Chitlin Foo Yung" who recently lost his battle to MS.

We would also like to thank the staff and congregation of St Edith's church for letting us record in this historic building. We would also like to thank from the bottom of our hearts, Paul McElligott for helping us with the artwork from 12.000 miles away during difficult times. We ask you to join us in prayer for Kevin's wife Gloria who is on her way back to health after major brain surgery.

Nelson Hardwick from General Kane will be coming out with us during the April shows and we will be joined by the legendary Doug Wimbish at the show in London. Believe it or not, we will also record the basic tracks for the follow up album to Chocolate Sock from 18th - 21st of April.

We have uploaded a preview of one of the tracks off the new album on the members section of the site entitled "You Are The Potter, I Am The Clay" that features the gorgeous Chanelle on lead vocals so sign up as member and get this exclusive preview.

We look forward to seeing all you UK funkateers in April. From then we will engaged in a global press and promotion schedule for the whole of May. Apologies for the delay in personally replying to the hundreds of you that have been sending us messages either via email or myspace. We will get round to all of you, but we have been ridiculously busy and don't want to farm out any personal communications with our friends.

We will be taking advance orders from our shop next week so if you want to bag your advance copy direct from the band, get your order in early ,as it will be towards the end of April by the time the album is released by our global distributors, and iTunes and the like.

Get ready......the bomb is about to drop!
P-Theory

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 25/03/07 21:29

Hello,

The original subject on P-Theory is here :

http://www.funkhome.com/p-theory-on-my- ... highlight=

and the post about your last update there :

http://www.funkhome.com/post122341.html#122341

P-Theory
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar P-Theory » 26/03/07 15:27

Ok thanks, I get lost sometimes when dealing with technology and foreign languages :smile:

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 28/03/07 21:04

No problem, it's just to strenghten your message and have all news and comments about your band and music on the same link.

Groovallegiance to The Funk :PFunkSign:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 29/03/07 01:07

That's great news! Can't wait to listen to this one...
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 29/03/07 01:54

Doumba Funk a écrit :No problem, it's just to strenghten your message and have all news and comments about your band and music on the same link.

Groovallegiance to The Funk :PFunkSign:

Thanks man,

In that case I'll follow your link and post where you can check out some of the new stuff.

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 26/04/07 22:06

Here is your update from P-Theory

First things first, the great news is that our new gospel funk album "Chocolate Sock" is finally released. Originally planned for an April 12th release to support our UK tour, a monumental mess up by the manufacturers meant that the album was delayed until now. The good news is that it we are 100% confident that it will have been worth the wait.

You can buy the album immediately from our online store here. You can also preview all the tracks and purchase them in high quality MP3 format here. The album will be available in all UK stores via Proper Distribution by the end of May and will also be available via Amazon, iTunes, CDbaby and our chosen partner the funkstore (where it also ships with the exclusive DVD P-Theory The Movie) within the next 2 weeks.

The album is by far our strongest work to date and is the album that all of us have always wanted to make. Having been brought up in a deeply religious family, Kevin Goins began his musical career in Gospel with Gary Shider's father's band the Sons of Emmanuel at the age of 12 but along with his brother Glenn, continued to sing gospel all his life. Glenn used to call in the mothership during PFunk's heyday to the old gospel song Swing Down.

The album features Kevin's unique voice in rare form that has made not only his surviving family extremely proud (his mother Jesse Mas always dreamed of her sons recording a gospel album) but has an unbelievable similarity to his brother Glenn's voice in its powerful delivery.

And above all the whole thing is down right funky. If you like real, organic, nasty funk with a postive message just BUY IT, you won't be dissapointed!

In other news, P-Theory returned from very successful 5 date UK tour last week. If you sign up as a member to the site you will be able to read a blow by blow account of the tour on our members area of the site where you can interact with the band as well. You can also see some of the personal photos the band took whilst on tour here. There will be a whole bunch of professional and stage shots uploaded to that section of the site in the next few weeks.

We were honoured to welcome the legendary Doug Wimbish on stage with us at the Soho show and had a great time jamming with him. Doug has invited us to join him at his next Wimbash event in August so as soon as the details are confirmed we will let you know.

On top of performing 5 back to back dates all over the UK we also managed managed to record the basic tracks for our next EP entitled S.T.F.U. before Kevin flew home last Saturday. S.T.F.U will be P-Theory's first release on Pollen8 records and will feature 6 brand new studio tracks as well as a selection of live songs from the recent tour and video's from both the Stroud show and the Pollen8 birthday bash.

The updates will be coming thick and fast in the next few weeks so hurry up and buy the album before the initial run sells out.

Peace & Love
P-Theory

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 27/07/07 01:04

Today is Kevin's birthday so feel free to join us in sending him some birthday love.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN
:lol: :mrgreen: :razz:

We are pleased to announce that all sales of our latest album Chocolate Sock from our online store now include the CD P-Theory - Live at Pollen8.

The live album features 9 live tracks from the explosive show at Pollen8 during our UK tour of April 2007. Customers who have previously purchased Chocolate Sock can also claim their free CD by responding to this email with your address and we'll send you one out. Live at Pollen8 will also ship with all sales from our partner thefunkstore.com.

Funk journalist and Atlanta radio personality "Bustin" Bob Mitchel provided the following review of Chocolate Sock for the funkstore:

P-THEORY
CHOCOLATE SOCK

TCC/TFS Release Date:6/18/2007
LABEL: P-THeory WorldWide
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : United Kingdom
ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE:N/A
DISC : 1
CONDITION:IMPORT/NEW
STOCK STATUS:*INSTOCK* USUALLY SHIPS IN 24/48Hrs

On one of the most anticipated funk releases of the year, P-Theory with Kevin Goins follows-up the stellar “From the Hood to the Wood” with a record that basks in its own glorious natural uniqueness by taking hard funk back to its natural root, the church.

Kevin’s voices are of course, divine sent (som’n about the Goin DNA) and he uses them to sing praises and worship to On High. His tones on the spine-tingling “I Want Jesus” will surely bring Glenn to mind for a lot of folks.

P-Theory’s musical accompanying continues its usual thick and slangy, loose and tight salacious globs of bottom and horns splattering all in and around this swarthy beat.. The birthing country downstroke of “3 Strokes Granny”. Check the rumbling funk of “What Would I Do Without You”, another gospel-tinged funker that features at times Kevin even reworking Parliament’s “Swing Low”!!

The band and rhythm section change-up tempos and grooves at the drop of a J. Easily going from gentle acoustic intro’s (“Saturday Night” “P-Theory Prayer”) on thru foot-stomping gut-bucket funk (“Your Love is Like a Sunday Morning”). Grooving and vamping to the max on tracks like “Thank God I Saw Before I Lost”as K. Goins just busts loose over the later stanzas of an oozing pulsing, funkdafried gospel. Redemption bobba, free to you from, not the friendly ghost , but alas, the power of the Holy Ghost.

And zeeper still on another soul-sanctifying gospel/blues number, “When I’ve Done the Best I Can”, Kevin brings up memories of classic Joe Ligon of the Mighty Clouds. Although my fave of the set is the spacey, “British Are Coming” which for some reason takes me to Detroit-era Counts, but that’s another story.

I can really dig the ‘driving-thru-the-London fog’ churning sound of the whole lp. I can only imagine rolling thru the English countryside and coming upon Ye Olde Pub and finding this groove coalition throwing down on the wee hours of Sunday morning . Only to catch ‘em bright and early the following morning at the church next door. Wow.

Reviewed For TheFunkStore.com..By
Funk Journalist&Atlanta Radio Personality~"Bustin'"Bob Mitchell

In other news you can download the recent 30 min WVOF radio special on the Upper Room with Joe Kelley where Joe interviews Ali Al live discussing the making of Chocolate Sock here. P-Theory will embark on a UK tour from the 7th - 16th of September. The 7 consecutive dates will be announced shortly on the gigs section of the website so we look forward to seeing the UK friends in September. We will also be filming with the BBC during that time, full details to follow shortly.

Thanks for your continued support
P-Theory

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/07/07 10:36

Happy Birthday :new_birthday:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 07/08/07 00:32

Happy Birthday Mr. Goins. P-Theory's new record is an absolute funk gem. I am so thankful I have this joint to bring to my listeners.

Thanks P-Theory.

Joe
"Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault"
Radio and TV show
www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST
WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, CT
www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music
www.creativityinmusic.com
Promotion for Musical Artists

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 19/08/07 04:55

Here is your update from P-Theory (dated 08/13/07)

Firstly thank you all so much for your support on the live CD we recently made available for existing customers and new purchases of Chocolate Sock. We were totally overwhelmed and unprepared for the amount of requests and orders that came back (1,900 in a week) and have being working solidly for 3 weeks to clear the back log.

Apologies to all those who have been wating for their discs to arrive for a while. We have finally caught up and sent out all orders throughout the world so your CD's will be there shortly if not yet received. Thank you all so much for the kind words you have been sending us about the live show. Come and see us in September to experience it for yourselves.

We are honoured to be playing the number one funk club night in the world at Madame Jojo's in Soho on Friday September 14th with the legendary funk collector / DJ and producer Keb Darge. Details of the other dates are shown on the gigs section of our site.

Chocolate Sock is also now available for download as high quality MP3 format on the following partner download sites: iTunes, BuyMusic, Ruckus, Payplay, Napster along as from our own MP3 download facility direct from our website. Many more will be coming online shortly and we will let you know when they do. Chocolate Sock is also available from CDBaby where all the stock sold in its first day but will be available again shortly once the new stock arrives.

Following the short stint of gigs we will be filming for a BBC documentary and then straight back in to the church to complete the recording of our next album S.T.F.U. which we are aiming for release by Christmas.

Thanks again for all your support and we look forward to seeing you UK friends on the road in a few weeks.

One Love
P-Theory

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 28/09/07 02:53

Firstly thanks to everyone who came out to see us this month we had a great time meeting you all out on the road again. You can see photos from the gigs and the work we did in the studio here.

In between gigs and recording we also performed an acoustic session for Cheshire FM which included an interview with the whole band intertwined with 3 acoustic versions of songs from Chocolate Sock played live in the studio. You can download the 45 minute radio special here. Also on the same link you can read the article on P-Theory that Kelly Cowboy wrote for Blues & Soul magazine.

We completed recording the basic tracks for our next album S.T.F.U that is scheduled for release early in the new year and we will make previews available shortly on the members area of the site. We have also started to collate the album reviews on the site here.

We are pleased to announce a special offer with CDBaby of a 40% discount when buying multiple copies of Chocolate Sock from them.

We are very busy mixing the new album and will keep you all updated via the blog in the members area when we can.

Thanks again for all your support
P-Theory

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 29/09/07 02:21

I just listened to the 3 acoustic versions on the radio show, they are great ! Not only you groove like hell, but also you deliver great cooler performance. :smile:

P-Theory
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar P-Theory » 29/09/07 22:10

Thanks... I wondered what you had written in French but now I understand....I wish I could speak more languages but thanks again for your support

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 03/10/07 07:17

For the french P-fans... :smile: No really, the 3 acoustic versions are great ! Funkhomers, what are you doing ?

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 03/10/07 09:15

We are too busy listening to that stuff and don't have much time to write our feelings up in here!
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 03/10/07 09:20

Fair enough :smile:

P-Theory
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar P-Theory » 05/10/07 22:04

Wonder B a écrit :We are too busy listening to that stuff and don't have much time to write our feelings up in here!

Wait till you hear rhe new stuff, by far our best so far :wink:

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 21/02/08 01:36

P-Theory always rocks the party. Hope they can do a tour here and stop by our radio studios.

Peace
Joe
"Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault"

Radio and TV show

www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST

WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, CT

www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music

www.creativityinmusic.com

Promotion for Musical Artists

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 03/03/08 09:31

Received in my email's box 2 days ago... and don't found enough time to post it here :oops:

Objet: P-Theory coming to Spain

First things first, thank you all so much for your support during 2007 and may 2008 bring the fulfillment of all your dreams and and blessings.

Apologies for not being in touch for a while but we have been mad busy for the last few months. During December we had great pleasure in welcoming Gary Mudbone Cooper and his killer band over to the church to lay down some new material. A productive time was had by all and they laid down some killer stuff that will be dropping soon enough.

Since they we have been recording new material for our new forthcomng album. We are extremely happy with the way things have been going and have chosen to take our time with the recording and writing process this time round. Trust us, this will be the next level from P-Theory so wait for the album to drop.

In other news we are delighted to be finally heading to Spain in a few weeks. There is a 3 page feature on P-Theory in the current issue of Enlace Funk magazine ( http://www.enlacefunk.com/ ) and we are looking forward to meeting our Spanish friends at the gig at Oviedo University on March 28th.

We have also uploaded the infamous Pollen8 Birthday Gid from 2007 that you can download for free here along with the Cheshire FM live radio special that you can download here.

We will be taking our website down in the next month whilst we rebuild it ready for the new album launch so grab what you can from all the current free downloads , photo's, video's, interviews and album reviews in the next few weeks as once they are gone....they're gone. We will keep updating our myspace site whilst the new website is being built so this is likely to be the last mail for a few months whilst we finish the album.

Thanks again for all your support!
One Love
P-Theory

http://p-theory.com/
http://www.myspace.com/ptheory

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Doumba Funk
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Doumba Funk » 26/01/09 22:03

Does anybody have news about P-Theory ? Seems there's nothing new on Myspace or their website. Guess they are recording the next album.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/01/09 12:10

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 28/01/09 16:29

PShark often posts on the Soulfuldetroit forum. He's a regular there!
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Retourner vers « English Corner »