Some funky DATES

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
electricboogie
LP's

Messagepar electricboogie » 03/06/09 15:28

The Whispers concert has been cancelled, but Jocelyn Brown at Jazz Cafe on the 5th of June, and Fatback Band at Indigo2 on the 19th.
"Otis Redding n'est pas mort..." Honoré Redding-Jackson-Brown, du Gang de la Old School.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 04/06/09 11:30

This is not concerning Cameo gigs, so you must post elsewhere :eek:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

electricboogie
LP's

Messagepar electricboogie » 04/06/09 21:51

Funkygirl a écrit :This is not concerning Cameo gigs, so you must post elsewhere :eek:

Where?
"Otis Redding n'est pas mort..." Honoré Redding-Jackson-Brown, du Gang de la Old School.

funkiness
Boutique de Disques

Some funky DATES

Messagepar funkiness » 04/06/09 23:50

right here ! :cool:

electricboogie
LP's

Re: Some funky DATES

Messagepar electricboogie » 03/07/09 01:05

Nice one Funkiness.

Jocelyn Brown's gig was very pleasant. Musically, that was what I was expecting: funk and soul. Not so long, but good, and she was very friendly. There was also a special guest star, Barbara Roy (who is presented as Jocelyn Brown's aunt) from Ecstasy, Passion and Pain who performed "Thank you for letting me be myself again". Amazing funk DJ for the rest of the event.

Fatback Band was stunning: 2 excellent hours on stage, great musicians, great atmosphere, ULTRA funky music; and same as Cameo's concert (as these are Boogie Nights): 2 DJ's mixing 80's boogie funk.

Saturday, the 4th of July, once again the IndigO2 is hosting a boogie night, with Tavares and also The Real Thing, Kenny Thomas and Junior.

On the 16th of July, Leon Ware at the Jazz Cafe.

On the 30th of July, Booker T at Bush Hall.

On the 6th of August: Keziah Jones at the Jazz Cafe.

On the 21st of August, Sister Sledge and Odyssey for one more Boogie Night at IndigO2.

On the 22nd of August, Incognito featuring Jocelyn Brown (Boogie Night) at IndigO2.

That sounds like a funky Summer, doesn't it?
Modifié en dernier par electricboogie le 03/07/09 13:38, modifié 1 fois.

funkiness
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar funkiness » 03/07/09 11:00

it sure does sound like a funky summer !

thanks for the reports, glad to hear that Fatback blow the house down, I wish I've been there

electricboogie
LP's

Messagepar electricboogie » 01/11/09 02:12

18th September: Kurtis Blow and the Furious Five at Jazz Cafe.
Real good old school rap concert: so funky, good vibrations and happiness. Friendly entertainers, the rappers gave us a very funky show, proving that real rappers never die. Kurtis Blow is a funny dude! We noticed Melle Mel was very proud to show the benefits of exercising. A bit short, but so damn funky!

30st October: Shalamar at Indigo2 (Boogie Night).
I have to say that was a REALLY good show. The room was fully packed (sold out!) and Shalamar enjoyed singing their tracks. They showed us they were having fun. Jeffrey Daniel showed us he hadn't lost his dance skills. Even the tracks that are not among my favorites sounded great on stage. The encore was a 20 minutes version of "A night to remember".

So far, the best gig of these "Boogie nights" has definitely been Fatback Band. Then Shalamar and finally Cameo is my biggest disappointment.

12th of December: Boogie Night at Indigo2: Colonel Abrams, Alexander O'Neal and... James "D.Train" Williams!

electricboogie
LP's

Messagepar electricboogie » 14/12/09 00:09

electricboogie a écrit :12th of December: Boogie Night at Indigo2: Colonel Abrams, Alexander O'Neal and... James "D.Train" Williams!

For this Boogie Night event, Cherelle started the show. Good performance: funky music, she's funny and has an amazing voice.

Then came Alexander O'Neal, who was actually the headline. As I am not a big fan, I can't tell much about it. That wasn't bad, but that wasn't excellent. The audience seemed to be satisfied though. The thing is he is extremely popular in UK. To me the best bit was "Fake". I didn't know he was so old. But what the fans were expecting was some duets with Cherelle. And they haven't been disappointed.

After this, Light of the World. Excellent first track, then a cover of "I shot the sherif", funky indeed. The rest was pretty mellow. Anyway, that was quite short.

Colonel Abrams followed, and even though I am not a fan, it sounded far better live than studio. He looks quite tired though. He performed 3 of his hits: "Trapped", "I'm not gonna let you", and another one that I don't remember. Too short!

Finally, MY headline: "James D.Train" Williams! After performing his 3 best hits ("Keep on", "Music", "You're the one for me"), he did a tune that I don't remember with Colonel Abrams. And that was it for his session! TOO SHORT!!!

Next Boogie Night session will be on January 31st, the EXTREMELY EXPECTED Teena Marie! (85% already sold out!).

FunkyCop
Stand Convention

Messagepar FunkyCop » 14/12/09 01:15

:shock:

lemangedisque
Stand Convention

Messagepar lemangedisque » 14/12/09 11:03

FunkyCop a écrit ::shock:

Lonesome cop are you... :???: :wink:

Retourner vers « English Corner »