SLAPBAK News - Underground Mayhem (Out in 2008)

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 30/06/05 11:22

Thanks for the information Charlie :wink:

No one interrested in going to the Funk to the max party on Saturday July 30th... :?:

30/7, 21.00: Funk to the Max party @
Melkweg, Amsterdam, http://www.melkweg.nl
--> VERY SPECIAL SUPPORT-ACT:
--> DODGE http://www.seveneleven.nl/dodge
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Mr Gr0ove
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar Mr Gr0ove » 01/07/05 10:10

Funkygirl a écrit :Thanks for the information Charlie :wink:

No one interrested in going to the Funk to the max party on Saturday July 30th... :?:

30/7, 21.00: Funk to the Max party @
Melkweg, Amsterdam, http://www.melkweg.nl
--> VERY SPECIAL SUPPORT-ACT:
--> DODGE http://www.seveneleven.nl/dodge

I'm very interrested :cool: :lol:
Image Charlie, tu m'occis ! Legalize It !

Incoming Funk

Messagepar Incoming Funk » 01/07/05 18:04

Jara Harris can be heard on the new OctavePussY album. Please check my message on this board about OPY !

Regards
Incoming Funk

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 04/07/05 12:51

Wonder B a écrit :THe 'hic' is that it is on the 24th the day before Clinton in Paris...

You've commited yourself to learn Wallon's language... There you have this special immerging opportunity, which is confirmed for Gent (only in Flemish, not in Wallon's but that's part of the game there)
S l a p b a k ( U S )
Datum: zo. 24 juli
Uur: vanaf 22 u. 30
Plaats: Korenlei - Graslei
Organisatie: Polé Polé festival

This seems an open (free) concert by the way... Let's get Mosselen een Friten afterwards... :grin:

FredW
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar FredW » 04/07/05 13:02

Chic will be there same place & time the saturday 16
C h i c ( U S )
Datum: za. 16 juli
Uur: vanaf 22 u. 30

and Seven Eleven the day after
S e v e n E l e v e n ( N L )
Datum: zo. 17 juli
Uur: vanaf 20 u. 30

There's a whole lot of Mosselen going down in Gent...
We bring you the real deal
Not the dildo
(Victor Wooten, 2005)

thafunkeewhiteboyee
K7

SLAPBAK IN THA LAND OF OZ

Messagepar thafunkeewhiteboyee » 06/07/05 08:29

G'day to all the funk fans all over the world. Greetings from Sydney, AUSTRALIA. Just signed up to this great site. LONG LIVETH DA FUNK!

I've been a Slapbak fan since the first album 1992. I remember thinkin that they looked like Bootsy's love-children. Outragously FUNKEE! One thing led to another & now Jara and the rest of the band are good friends of mine. I've made 2 trips to the US 2 see them perform live. I was at the Vault 350 show that also included Zapp,Lakeside & Slave. I've also seen them with Digital Underground. An experience I will NEVER forget. These cats are seriously funky. Heavy on tha funk. But I guess I don't have 2 tell ya. YOU KNOW THIS!
Peace & Love,
Leo
DON'T WORRY I WON'T HURT U, I ONLY WANT U 2 HAVE SOME FUN(K)

IF U DID'NT COME 2 PARTY...DON'T BOTHER KNOCKIN' ON MY DOOR

Mr Gr0ove
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar Mr Gr0ove » 06/07/05 09:40

Welcome mate !

thafunkeewhiteboyee a écrit :I was at the Vault 350 show that also included Zapp,Lakeside & Slave.

OMG lucky you !!! I dreamed about this big BIG party, when I saw the date on the Slapbak's schedule... Too far from here... How was it ?? Sure, FUNK :lol:

Can't wait for the release of "2 black for black radio" !!

thafunkeewhiteboyee
K7

Messagepar thafunkeewhiteboyee » 06/07/05 09:46

Mr Gr0ove a écrit :Welcome mate !

thafunkeewhiteboyee a écrit :I was at the Vault 350 show that also included Zapp,Lakeside & Slave.

OMG lucky you !!! I dreamed about this big BIG party, when I saw the date on the Slapbak's schedule... Too far from here... How was it ?? Sure, FUNK :lol:

Can't wait for the release of "2 black for black radio" !!

Don't worry mate, I've got it all on DVD (oooh yeah). Hey, I travelled from OZ to see that show! Would not miss it for the world! We just don't get shows like that here in OZ.

FredW
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar FredW » 06/07/05 09:58

Welcome to you TWFB (sorry hav'nt took the loooooooooooong way) :grin:
Great you don't mess with concerts, you're a Pro Funkateeer... For us going in another little country in Europe to see one is a pain...
But man, catching a plane to watch those guys all the way down to West Coast, this is FUNKYYY :cool:
Must be tought having some concerts in Australia though?
Guess Funk Bands do not tour that much around...

Maybe you have huge Australian musicians?

Peace

Not the dildo

(Victor Wooten, 2005)

Mr Gr0ove
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar Mr Gr0ove » 06/07/05 10:15

thafunkeewhiteboyee a écrit :Don't worry mate, I've got it all on DVD (oooh yeah). Hey, I travelled from OZ to see that show! We just don't get shows like that here in OZ.

No way to go back home without a "souvenir" :lol: Can we just have the tracklisting ?..

Yeah, I missed that Slapbak's touring in Europe is a big chance for us, some folks like you in Australia or Japan (I know there are some hardcore fans over there) can't say that...

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 06/07/05 12:09

Hi Leo, welcome here... :lol: Happy to talk with some australian funkateer :wink:

You're killing me with the show you watch... and I collapse when you talked about that on Dvd :mrgreen:

Hope I would be able to go to the Funk to the Max party at the end of this month... need my slapbak's concert this year too... :razz:

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 07/07/05 09:59

Funkygirl a écrit :Hi Leo, welcome here... :lol: Happy to talk with some australian funkateer :wink:

You're killing me with the show you watch... and I collapse when you talked about that on Dvd :mrgreen:

Hope I would be able to go to the Funk to the Max party at the end of this month... need my slapbak's concert this year too... :razz:

I'm glad I found this awesome site. I'm an addict & funk is my drug. I cherish every moment of that show. Just planning my next trip to the U.S for my funk-hit!
I noticed on the bottom of your page you have a 'Jam & Lewis' reference. What is that? I'm sorry but I can't read French!!!

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 07/07/05 10:04

Mr Gr0ove a écrit :
thafunkeewhiteboyee a écrit :Don't worry mate, I've got it all on DVD (oooh yeah). Hey, I travelled from OZ to see that show! We just don't get shows like that here in OZ.

No way to go back home without a "souvenir" :lol: Can we just have the tracklisting ?..

Yeah, I missed that Slapbak's touring in Europe is a big chance for us, some folks like you in Australia or Japan (I know there are some hardcore fans over there) can't say that...

that's right Mr Groove, to go all that way & not have some footage would be a tragedy. No one would believe me that I went all that way (15 hour flight) just to see a show.....I needed proof! You know that Slapbak have confirmed some European dates in Europe? Check their site. I might see u there :grin:

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 07/07/05 10:10

FredW a écrit :Welcome to you TWFB (sorry hav'nt took the loooooooooooong way) :grin:
Great you don't mess with concerts, you're a Pro Funkateeer... For us going in another little country in Europe to see one is a pain...
But man, catching a plane to watch those guys all the way down to West Coast, this is FUNKYYY :cool:
Must be tought having some concerts in Australia though?
Guess Funk Bands do not tour that much around...

Maybe you have huge Australian musicians?

Peace

Hey FredW, thanks for the funky welcome.
That's the Reddings album cover (The Awakening) u use for your icon, right? I love that instrumental on the album that's just bass (in ya face)
I think overseas bands don't travel here because of the distance & the shows would be very expensive. The only big name funk band to travel here recently was George Clinton & Funkadelic Allstars. Prince has been here twice in 12 years. Oh well, if I can't find it here.....I must travel!

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 07/07/05 10:44

Anonymous a écrit :That's the Reddings album cover (The Awakening) u use for your icon, right? I love that instrumental on the album that's just bass (in ya face)

The Awakening's a kindda raw piece that'll stay as a funk milestone for me. A perfect solo instrumental, it simply changed my way of listening 25 years ago...
Damn, wish I could just slap it... :cool:

FredW
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar FredW » 07/07/05 10:46

Anonymous a écrit :That's the Reddings album cover (The Awakening) u use for your icon, right? I love that instrumental on the album that's just bass (in ya face)

The Awakening's a kindda raw piece that'll stay as a funk milestone for me. A perfect solo instrumental, it simply changed my way of listening 25 years ago...
Damn, wish I could just slap it... :cool:

Not the dildo

(Victor Wooten, 2005)

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 07/07/05 11:07

Anonymous a écrit :I noticed on the bottom of your page you have a 'Jam & Lewis' reference. What is that? I'm sorry but I can't read French!!!

Oh it's only a joke and a subliminal messafe... :lol: Something like a dream that Jam & Lewis would say one day about here "Funkhome... The best forum ... often copied, never approched" or something like that... :wink:

thafunkeewhiteboyee
K7

Messagepar thafunkeewhiteboyee » 07/07/05 11:13

Funkygirl a écrit :
Anonymous a écrit :I noticed on the bottom of your page you have a 'Jam & Lewis' reference. What is that? I'm sorry but I can't read French!!!

Oh it's only a joke and a subliminal messafe... :lol: Something like a dream that Jam & Lewis would say one day about here "Funkhome... The best forum ... often copied, never approched" or something like that... :wink:

The only reason I asked is because I'm a Jam & Lewis (Flyte Tyme) freak. I've collected NEARLY everything they have done. I've even got the Flyte Tyme company logo tattooed on my right arm. That's LUV

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 07/07/05 11:15

thafunkeewhiteboyee a écrit :The only reason I asked is because I'm a Jam & Lewis (Flyte Tyme) freak.

Me too... that's the reason I mentionned them... :wink: (great you're a real member of funkhome now as you're well registered now :cool: )

thafunkeewhiteboyee
K7

Messagepar thafunkeewhiteboyee » 07/07/05 11:21

Funkygirl a écrit :
thafunkeewhiteboyee a écrit :The only reason I asked is because I'm a Jam & Lewis (Flyte Tyme) freak.

Me too... that's the reason I mentionned them... :wink: (great you're a real member of funkhome now as you're well registered now :cool: )

And here I am thinking I was the only crazy one on the planet that would go to that extreme. That's spooky :shock: These guys are legends & I hope to meet them one day. :grin:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 14/07/05 08:24

The DVD is coming :lol:

http://www.funktothemax.com/asp/flashes.asp

"SLAPBAK DVD LIVE IN EUROPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTTM just finished the mixing of the first live DVD of superfunkateers SLAPBAK. The DVD was shoot during the groups first European live tour. Special guest during the tour Julie Harris and Stevie Salas. Tracklist: 1. Intro 2. This car is fast 3. Body slam 4. Cold blooded Slapback 5. Think 6. Payback 7. Disco to go 8. Funk Jam 9. Droppin bombs 10. Get on da bus 11. Groove in my jacuzzi / We come to jam 12. Atomic dog 13. Pumpin it up 14. Tear the roof off the sucker. The DVD is scheduled for July 30 release.
"

So Mr Groove are we gonna make the trip to see the concert and come back with our copy :?: :mrgreen:

Mr Gr0ove
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar Mr Gr0ove » 21/07/05 11:45

Damn... Honestly this year it's not possible...(we did a long trip to see Cameo last year :wink:)... Got some work to do here...

But I'm amazed that nobody would move to see Slapbak; it's sure one of the most talented funk band out there... :???:

charly

Messagepar charly » 21/07/05 22:17

I'll do my friend....As of next sunday 24th, I'll be there at the "Gentse Feesten" to see my man Jara! In principle, if he does not forget, he promised me to get a backstage pass....

Wait and see...

I'll tell the story....on monday...

Mr Gr0ove
Artiste Funkhomer

Messagepar Mr Gr0ove » 20/10/06 22:30

SLAPBAK LIVE 7mn 26

You Get In My Mind and Trip Dip (from the last album)

Get Funked Up ! :mrgreen:

Charlie's Angels
Picture's Disc

Messagepar Charlie's Angels » 14/01/07 20:12

Have you already bought your latest Slapbak in the store....???Run, Run, Run...

The single: Low Rider (Sampled on the Same Titel from War) is to listen from their Website
Keep on keepin' on the FUNK

FredW
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar FredW » 16/01/07 07:30

Hard to find otherwise than Internet's resellers... :sad: Why is that... We're only two people enjoying the Key around here...
Guess who :?:
Belgians! Manneken-P rules :PFunkSign:
Modifié en dernier par FredW le 17/01/07 11:57, modifié 1 fois.

Not the dildo

(Victor Wooten, 2005)

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 17/01/07 09:44

No but we are waiting for our copy bought directly from Jara through FG and Funkhome...

She has asked everybody here to join and make a joint purchase, which is what we did... just waiting for the total price and for Jara to send them...
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 17/01/07 10:38

LOL I send a new email at the beginning of this week... Waiting for Jara to wake up now :mrgreen: :5badair:

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 17/01/07 10:39

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up man... we're waiting for those CD's!!!
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

Retourner vers « English Corner »